Sunday, March 11, 2007

Live and in Concert

The DH and I have been enjoying some great live music this weekend. Friday night, we went to the Tractor Tavern and took in three acts. The first was Jim Brunberg and he was a solo act playing guitar and singing his stories. He reminded me of a cross between John Denver and James Taylor. I could take it or leave it. The next was a group called Ragazza. I liked the sound. It was a woman singing, a guy on midi and guitar, and a third guy playing drums. It had a cool 80’s retro sound, but it was still totally today. The singer reminded me of Dido, but not many people have heard of her, so that won’t be a great point of reference. The final act was Carrie Akre. Patrick and I saw her on our third date, so we quite partial to her. She’s working on a new album, so we heard a bunch of her new stuff. It was really good. She has a great husky, throaty voice. Good times.

Saturday night, we went to see the Texas Songwriter’s at the Paramount. They include
Lyle Lovett, Guy Clark, Joe Ely, and John Hiatt. It was just four guys with guitars on stage sharing their music. They were fabulous. I can’t recommend that one highly enough. We had a great and managed to go out to some great dinners on our way to those concerts.

2 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Believe it or not I actually know who Dido is :) !! Point for me.

It sounds like you had a jamming weekend!

P.S. Thanks for entertaining my kids during Church today. I don't when the last time it was that I could actually ponder during the passing of the Sacrament.

cp said...

Hi, I was at the Songwriters Tour show Saturday too. It really was wonderful. I had such a good time and was glad to see another posting about it.