Monday, January 01, 2007

New Beginnings

It’s a New Year and time for new beginnings. My dad always taught us to set goals and that the New Year was a great time to do it. I have a couple of things that I’d like to accomplish this year, but you know it scares me to put them in writing for everyone else to see. I’m not sure how comfortable I am with it. Here goes nothing:
  • Continue to improve my overall physical health. This means working out 5 times a week (which should be fine because I’ve been doing that for a long time now), eating a more healthy diet with no refined or processed stuff (wish me luck!), and losing a little more butter.
  • Improve my spirituality by reading the scriptures daily and attending the temple regularly (for Patrick and me, we think twice a month is reasonable). I guess I’ll keep doing other churchy stuff too and not slacking there.
  • Improve my mind by taking a class in the spring and a class in the fall. I thought about convincing the DH to take a ballroom or salsa class, but we’ll see if that ever flies. That could also have dual benefits as it’s good for both the mind and the body.
I’m breaking it down to more granular goals for myself, but I think that gives you an idea of what I’m working on this year. Hopefully you’re doing the same!

No comments: