Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Movies

So, last weekend, I went to two movies. I wasn't totally wowed by either of them, but I was entertained.

Baby Mama
I went and saw this one last Thursday evening with the girls. The premise of the movie was fairly believable and the cast was fantastic. The story moved along and it was funny without being gross or crass most of the time. The scene where Amy Pohler pees in the sink really is the worst thing in the movie -- and you already saw it if you've seen any trailers. I laughed quite a bit and I enjoyed the love interest part of the story line.
I'll give it a 7 out of 10.

Made of Honor
This was the Friday night movie of choice. We were all looking forward to it and expecting a great show. The story line was a lot like My Best Friend's Wedding, only not as funny. Patrick Dempsey makes a pretty good leading man and the woman playing the lead was pretty good, but the story lacked depth and it was a little too predictable. There were even things in the movie that made me uncomfortable, like the woman hawking sex toys at the bridal shower. That part wasn't funny at all, just really uncomfortable. The one great thing about the movie was the Scottish countryside. It really was beautiful and I enjoyed seeing that part on the big screen. All in all, I'm not sure I'd recommend it to anyone. It would be a good rental though.
I'll give it a 5 out of 10.

I'm hoping to be able to report on Iron Man soon!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Good to know, I've been wondering about those two.

Dan said...

Baby Mama looks funny! I'm looking forward to Indiana Jones IV and Sex in the City later this month.