Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Thrill of Hope

I'm not sure I can even express how much I love the song O, Holy Night. I love to sing it, and more than anything, I love to hear it in unexpected places. I few days ago, I was in the grocery store and not really paying much attention to the music playing. I couldn't find what I wanted and was becoming increasingly frustrated. I'd already been to more than one store. Standing in the baking isle, I suddenly heard "Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices! Oh, night divine, the night that Christ was born." That part always gets a little louder than the rest, and it always gets to me. I'm reminded of why I am a Christian. I get a "thrill of hope" and feel the rejoicing that comes from knowing that Christ was born so that I, and the weary world, could rejoice in knowing that he came to the world for us. For all of us.

No comments: