Monday, April 12, 2010

Music Monday -- Pomplamoose


I was going through my posts to see what I'd already featured on Music Monday and was horrified to realize that I have not share Pomplamouse with all my bloggerific friends. You all deserve to her Pomplamouse! Because I care.

Pomplamoose is made up of Jack Conte and Nataly Dawn. I love Nataly's voice, but it's the rhythms that get me with this duo. NPR did a story on them, because they don't have any record deals or promoters. They've really just become a YouTube sensation. I was able to buy a few songs on iTunes, but the selection was severely limited. To really enjoy them, I recommend their YouTube Channel. It's really fun.

They do a lot of covers and I was introduced to them by Annzy when she found their Single Ladies cover. It's the best rendition of that song that I've heard. Good stuff.

I also like this video for "If You Think You Need Some Lovin" that showcases Nataly's voice very nicely.

1 comment:

jason said...

Don't be horrified. In fact, you have shared Pomplamouse with all your bloggerific friends. I've been a fan ever since.