Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Overheard

I promise I did not make this up. You may know that I'm swimming daily, which means spending a lot of time at the gym. I show up, strip to my suit, swim several laps, then shower and move on with my day.

Yesterday, while I was showering, I overheard the following:
Brrring, brrring, brrring...
pause and the sound of water running (it was in the showers)
Brrring, brrring, brrring...
another pause and the sound of water running
Brrring, brrring, brrring...
Hello? Hello! I'm in the shower, so I can't talk now. Can I call you back in half an hour?
pause...
Where are
you? Oh, really? You have the day off? Well...
And then the conversation continued for about three minutes.

Who answers the phone when they're showering? I mean, really? It's not like you could get to an emergency from the shower any faster than if you heard about it when you got out. You'd still have to dry off and get dressed.

I know I have issues with disconnecting from technology, but that was even worse than I could imagine.

4 comments:

Colin R. said...

Every locker room I've seen for several years now has had signs everywhere about not using cell phones. And who would take one to the shower? They're not usually waterproof, after all...

Brock said...

Sweet! A waterproof phone would come in handy in Seattle.

I've also heard people take calls on the commode, even at work. Asquerosidad!

Holly said...

People really need to unplug!

liz j said...

Oh my gosh that made me laugh out loud. And now I think I'm crying a little. That makes me craaaaaaazy.