Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

1 John 4:18-19 reads: There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
We love him, because he first loved us.

As a young woman, attending church, it was easy for me to understand a loving Father in Heaven and a loving Christ. I was blessed with an example of a loving father that mirrored to me the way my Heavenly Father would love me. Only as an adult have I become fully aware of how lucky I was to have that relationship with my father. I have always loved him easily because I knew he loved me. I always knew I was safe when I was with my father and I knew he was looking out for me.

When I was young, I never remember my father leaving for work without telling my mother that he loved her. We always ate dinner together and my dad was interested in each of us individually, asking us about our day. He was a great example of living the principles that he taught. Even my friends knew my dad was someone we could all count on. As an adult, I realize how lucky I am that I was never afraid to call my dad when I was in a pinch, and even a friend or two turned to my dad.

On this Father's Day, I want my father to know what a great example he is to me and how much I appreciate his love and example. Here's to you, Dad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you