Saturday, January 14, 2006

Church Callings

Well, the DH and I both got called into the office over the last couple of weeks. I hate getting called into the office. Usually, it's the Bishop's office. Not this time. Not for either of us.

Last week it was DH's turn. It was a counselor in the Stake Presidency. He asked to advance DH to a High Priest and asked him to be the first assistant to the High Priest group leader. It's a cool thing. Much less work than Elder's Quorum president. It has to be a good thing. Plus, the group leader is a good friend of ours that we both really like and respect. All good.

Then, another call came. This time, for the Stake President. The DH already had his call and he wouldn't get something else a week later. The writing was on the wall. It was all about me. I have to admit, I was really concerned. It turned out OK though. I got called as the Education Counselor in the stake relief society presidency. I don't know the president or the other counselor, but I guess I'll get to know them soon.

I'm actually sad about losing my other church job though. I really liked teaching Gospel Doctrine class. It was kind of fun and really interesting to prepare for. So much for that. Of course, both mom and sister said I could continue preparing to teach. Funny.

No comments: