Monday, January 23, 2006

Lucy is Crabby

I am crabby. Do you want to know why I'm crabby? Well, I'm going to tell you anyway. First of all, I'm a Cancer, so I'm supposed to be crabby. Second of all, I can't seem to get enough sleep or enough exercise. The worst part is that I can't blame this on anyone and everyone. Being crabby, I want to cast blame. It's what I do. I'm really good at it.

Did I mention that I'm not getting enough sleep? It's this crazy marriage thing -- and don't go there. I don't mean that. It's going to bed at night and getting up in the morning with someone else in the bed. And he doesn't need as much sleep as I do. And his alarm goes off at 5:00 a.m. Did I mention that it's 5:00 a.m.?!? No one should be awake that early. But I am. Everyday. Theoretically, I can go back to sleep. Theoretically, that is. And of course, let's not forget the wicked, wicked commute. It's not as bad when I leave earlier. That gives me a reason to get up early. And that's bad.

That brings me to the exercise problem. It's the commute. I spend 90 minutes a day driving. You don't get much exercise driving. And the drive is on top of the 10-hour day. When I get to work at 7, I just want to go home at 5:00. Then it's 6:00 by the time I get home, and I really want to spend some quality time with my husband. Who would have thought? And then I'll just add that I'm seriously ready for bed by 9:00. I'm pathetic. Where does the exercise come in? If I go straight to the gym from work, then I get home around 7:30. That gives me time for a late dinner, a few minutes with the husband, and time to brush teeth.

So, I'm done complaining for now, but if you have any ideas about how I'm going to get more sleep or more exercise, I'd really appreciate it. Really. Because, I'm kind of crabby.

No comments: