Saturday, January 14, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

Every year, I make resolutions. It's sort of one of those things that Dad had his hand in, and I just can't seem to shake it. Maybe it's because he was right. It really is a good thing to do. I just hate it when other people do.

About 2 years ago, or just a little over, I decided to get more fit. I started going to the gym and losing some butter. I started my new program in October, not January. So this month, I'm a bit peeved, as I always am in January. My Weight Watchers meeting had 15 minute lines and was standing room only, so I didn't end up staying for the meeting. My Saturday morning spinning class was full and I got the very last bike, in the front row (which I HATE), even though I showed up at the time I always do and usually get a nice back row seat.

I know it keeps these industries going for most of the year, but I hate people who only diet and excercise in January. Of course, I'll be over it in a couple of weeks, when I'm still going to Weight Watchers and the gym. I'll laugh a little with the instructors. We'll all roll our eyes a bit over the fact that no one keeps their resolutions.

The only issue with this is that I may be in the doesn't-keep-her-resolutions pack too. I don't want to be, but sometimes I am. I mean, even with fairly valiant efforts early on in the program, I didn't finish the Book of Mormon by the end of the year like I meant to. And let's not even talk about the reading of the New Testament that I planned on starting at the beginning of this year. I still think I'll get to that one, but not today. (How bad does that sound?!?)

The one that I'm hoping to keep is planning meals and shopping only once a week. I'm two weeks in and really like it. That's the thing that will help me stay on it. I really do like it. I like knowing what's for dinner before I leave the office. I especially like it when the DH has it all ready when I get home. It really is lovely. Oh, and cheaper too.

Here's to keeping at least one New Year's Resolution this year!

No comments: