Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Brownies You'll Love

When I have monthly staff meetings at work, I like to take a little sumthin' in to help celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and accomplishments. This month, staff meeting was yesterday and I wanted to make something really yummy. I'd already taken in cherry chocolate cake and chewies though, so I was at a loss for something new. Then it dawned on me. Annzy's most amazing brownies.

I don't know where Annzy found the recipe, but she's made it for several family events and they are a rich decadent treat that I thought only came from the high-end bakery downtown. She makes hers with extra dark Belgian chocolate, but I didn't have any of that on hand at 7:00 in the morning. Yes, that's when I decided on the brownies. That meant calling Annzy on her way out the door for work and getting the recipe quick so I could make them quick. It all worked out and the crowd loved them. They were gone in less than 10 minutes.

Annzy hasn't posted the recipe, but I wanted to share the love. Here is the most fantastic brownie recipe (and it's pretty easy too).

Decadent Chocolate Brownies*

1 C butter
2 C sugar
3 eggs
1-1/4 C flour
3/4 C fancy Belgian cocoa (or Hershey's if that's what you have -- like me)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp vanilla

Melt butter. Cream sugar and eggs. Add melted butter and mix. Add dry ingredients and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Bake in a greased 9X13 pan at 350 degress for 25-30 minutes. Brownies are done when the puffiness goes down and they are flat in the pan. (The toothpick will never come out clean on these babies.)

* That's just the name I made up. They probably have a real name that is nothing like that.

4 comments:

annzy said...

My recipe is called "karen's chewy brownies" ~KDubs got the recipe while living in Chile hosting a girl from the states who made them for the family~ and then the trail goes cold.

jason said...

I thought they were called "Blackies" due to their color when made with the dutched chocolate.

Holly said...

Sounds yummy!

An Ordinary Mom said...

They definitely are delicious! Thanks for sharing!