Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Aching Foot

Many of you know that I'm a bit accident prone, aka clumsy. Well, yesterday I fell down the two front steps at work. I felt like a huge idiot. I was carrying my computer bag, a cake pan, and a bunch of keys and I just couldn't catch myself.

When I got home, my foot was killing me. It wasn't bad enough to go to the emergency room, but still hurting. I decided to wait until I could see a doctor -- and thought it might get better over night. When I got up this morning, it was even worse. I couldn't put any weight on it at all. So much for my early-morning gym trip.

I called the doctor, but couldn't see him until 3:15. When I went in, he checked it out and thought it may be broken and ordered x-rays. He talked about the treatment and told me it would be the same whether it was broken or just strained. I could get The Boot (you know--those big splints with the wide velcro closures) or I could wear Dansko clogs. Becuase of where the injury is, the clogs will immobilize it just as well as The Boot. I opted for the clog. So now I'll be wearing sensible shoes to work until it feels better and riding a bike at the gym when it's good enough to go back there.

Oh, there's one other thing. The spill totally scraped the nail polish off my big toe. Now I have a good excuse for another pedicure (not that I really needed an excuse).

4 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Oh no! I hope your foot feels better soon ... and I say go get that new pedicure :) !!

PJMcD said...

I'll be yur crutches my sweet pea.

Holly said...

Yikes! I'm sorry to hear you fell down! I slipped down our stairs not too long back, I didn't hurt my foot, but my backside had seen better days. I hope you feel better soon!

Sam said...

Ouch! A rash of broken feet hits the technical communications discipline in the Puget Sound region! There are two other sufferers in my group right now! Hope yours is all healed up soon!