Today, the DH turns 52 -- and most will be surprised, because he really doesn't seem that old in body or spirit. In celebration of the man and his birthday, I was going to write 52 things about him, but decided that was just a bit much. So here is my top-10 list about the DH:
- He is one handsome man. He doesn't think so, but he's just wrong.
- He is a great friend. He would give you the shirt of his back if he thought you needed it (and probably has done just that at some point for someone).
- He is very loyal.
- He never turns down an opportunity to serve others. I love that he is so willing to give of himself and he's well known for it.
- He loves me even though I can make it hard sometimes.
- He makes awesome scrambled eggs and is a really good cook in general. Don't laugh at the good scrambled eggs -- he doctors them up until it's a culinary delight.
- He supports me in the things that I do, even when some of them mean spending time away from him when he'd rather we were together. Sometimes he even pitches in to help me so he can hang out with me when I'm meeting my commitments.
- He really cares about the underdog. I get frustrated about it sometimes (when the underdog calls at 7:30 on a Saturday morning), but I'm so impressed with the care he has shown to some of the people who just need someone to root for them.
- He takes his commitments very seriously. If he says he'll do something, he'll do it.
- He's strong in body and spirit. He has worked through some major obstacles and come out fighting.
I love the guy and I know I'm not alone. So, here's the shout out to the DH for 52 years!