Saturday, January 02, 2010

Ring in the New!

The new year in Seattle started out a bit wet and gloomy outside, but I'm feeling quite the opposite inside. I'm surrounded by people I love (and who love me back) and have a full, rich life. I was thinking about my post in August about who I want to become and how I've progressed since then and I'm feeling OK about it.

I'm definitely fitter than I was six months ago. As I write this, I'm a bit sore from the hard core workout that I had yesterday. I've lost some unwanted weight. It takes a lot more to get my heart rate up and it take much less time for the heart rate to come down. My Vitamin D levels are normal, even without the sun's help. For all of this, I'm feeling pretty good about myself.

I've also spent more time blogging and less time playing time-wasting games on the computer. I can't say that I've stopped those altogether (as the DH can attest), but I've seriously curtailed the habit and that feels really good.

I'm still working on spiffing up the office and learning new software, but altogether I've made some nice progress.

Here's to more of the same in the New Year!

No comments: