- I spent four days last week at Paradise Point Resort & Spa. It sounds fabulous, and it was quite nice. The only thing is that it was a work trip with 40 of my favorite collegues. I was away from my husband, sleeping in a strange bed, and working.
- I've been mulling over taking a new job. It's been weighing on my mind, but I think I may have made up my mind. More on that tomorrow.
- Today is the first day of Autumn. It was a beautiful day in Seattle and I've enjoyed it immensely.
- Yesterday, the DH and I went with a couple of friends to the Greek Festival at St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox church. It was a great experience. We ate wonderful Greek food and enjoyed the company. I highly recommend it.
- The DH got a new tattoo. I didn't think I'd appreciate it, but when he got one with my name on it in the old school style, I couldn't resist. It really is beautiful. And don't worry Mom, once you have a bunch, one more really doesn't make a difference. You'll like it (or at least you won't like it any less than any of the others).
- Tonight, Kiri te Kanawa is singing in Vancouver at 8:00. I got tickets for the DH and me to go see her. The concert was going to be at 3:00. I have a friend that gave us keys to his apartment so we could stay there for free while he's gone. It was going to be fabulous, until there was a civil strike in Vancouver and the concert had to be changed to a late start and now I'm not going. I'm very disappointed, but I may get over it eventually.
- I really enjoyed church today. We got out early, which is always nice, but I really enjoyed sitting next to the DH and just being there with so many people that I love. I don't always have a good attitude about it, but today was really good.
- Last weekend, the DH and I went to a concert downtown at the Showbox. It was a group called the New Pornographers (but don't worry, they don't have anything to do with porn). I've decided that I need to go to fewer concerts and just buy the music I like and listen to it on my own. Even with earplugs, it was hard to enjoy the sound and the opening bands were horrible. The headlining act didn't come on until 11:00 and I just realized that I'm too old for this. That's a horrible thing to realize.
Sunday, September 23, 2007
I've been the scattered blogger for a while now, so it seems like it might be time to catch up.