Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Playing on my iPod This Week (Dec 10) -- Barenaked For the Holidays

My apologies to the young ones reading my blog, but I really like the band Barenaked Ladies in spite of (or even because of) the name and their Christmas album is really fun. I think the DH is already tired of it, but I love it. I have a lot more love for the Christmas music than he does anyway, so one time through was probably enough for him.

I really enjoy Christmas music that is a little less traditional. I grew up with Soulful Strings, a Christmas album with all instrumental jazz arrangements of Christmas tunes and loved the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack. Now, I enjoy the Manhattan Transfer and Cuba L.A. albums, but my favorite is Barenaked for the Holidays. Good stuff.

Take a listen (and be sure to stick with it, because it just gets better):

5 comments:

LizzyP said...

Yep, I don't like the name, but I LOVE the music. So I just say BNL when pressed.

jason said...

Oh how I love Barenaked Ladies. This album is getting plenty of play time around my house also. The kids love singing along when Happy Birthday comes on!

32 Flavors said...

One of my favorite groups! I also call them BNL...

Holly said...

I love Christmas music. I think your hub needs to get on board! I haven't heard this one yet, maybe we'll have to check it out.

Ice Cream said...

The downside of having kids is not being able to say there name anymore. *sigh*

I love that obnoxious piano part before they start singing jingle bells.