Saturday, August 14, 2010

Danskin Triathlon -- Part 2

Today was check-in for the Danskin triathlon. Kathleen and I (and Annzy) met up at my house where Kathleen left her car with the bike rack and went in my car with Ann and me to Seattle Center to check in and get our packets.

When we arrived at Seattle Center, the line to get in was all the way around the block. It was insane! Fortunately, we met some really nice people in line that helped pass the time more quickly. It took about 45 minutes to get into the Exhibition Hall. When we got there, we went to the big books to find our race numbers. Then we got in another line to pick up our bibs, another line to get our chip anklets, and then another line to get our swim caps and shirts. After that, we got some additional swag (really great stuff like razors and deodorant!) and some free samples of Bear Naked granola, Luna Bars, and flavored water. We did everything we needed to there, then called the DH to bring the bikes to meet us at Genesee park.
With Kathleen at the expo building getting checked in

We drove over to Genesee park and met the DH and Dr. Bowers and his wife there. We racked our bikes and then walked to the swim area so we could see what it looked like, then walked back to the transition area and to the bike exit and entrance, then back and to the run exit. We both got great spots for our bikes right by the letters that were assigned to us so they'll be easy to get to. I'm also taking the chartreuse towels to lay out so I can see my spot easily.With Dr. Bowers and Kathleen at Genesee Park getting final prep done

Once we'd done all that, we had done everything we could there and headed home. Annzy and I went to a move with Sam and then Annzy and I met Patrick and Serafina for a fantastic carb-load dinner. This evening, I'm spending the rest of my time before the race packing my gear, checking it twice, and making sure I have everything I will need for tomorrow.

Tune in tomorrow for Part 3!

No comments: