Monday, August 23, 2010

Music Monday -- Sera Cahoone

On Saturday, the DH and I set out for the No Depression Festival 2010 at Marymoor Park in Redmond. The day turned out to be sunny and warm (after the scary forecast of cool and rainy), so we started out happy. No Depression is an organization dedicated to roots music that used to have a monthly magazine that I subscribed to. They do a lot of music reviews and I've been introduced to a lot of great music through them.

The lineup for the festival included a couple of artists that the DH and I both like, and then a few we'd never heard of. Sera Cahoone is one that I hadn't heard of before the festival and I really enjoyed hearing her. The sets were all only 45 minutes, so I was sad that she couldn't play longer. I definitely could have listened to her a lot longer.

Her last album is called Only as the Day is Long and features many of the songs she sang at the festival. This is the song Baker Lake. It really highlights her lovely voice and guitar playing. I think I'll go buy the album now.

No comments: