Thursday, April 17, 2008

Who is TED?

Several weeks ago, my Dad sent me a link to a talk that Isabel Allende had given. I was moved by her words (which has happened more than once where Allende is involved) and I had to investigate.

The talk was part of a series of 18-minute talks given for TED. TED is an acronym for Technology, Entertainment, Design. They have an annual conference where folks come and give these 18-minute talks on a variety of topics that fall into those three categories. Many of the speakers are people you have heard of (like Bono and Al Gore) and many are people who are much more obscure, but no less interesting. I've enjoyed talks by Karen Armstrong and Jill Bollte, and music by M'Bifo. There's a huge variety of ideas there to explore.

You can just go to the site and explore, but I've also registered and I get a weekly mail that gives me links to three new recordings. That way, I find out about things that I probably wouldn't find on my own.

Go explore! You may find something interesting there.

No comments: