Sunday, November 08, 2009

November -- National Adoption Awareness Month

My friend Megan is passionate about adoption and she and her husband are looking to adopt a child into their beautiful family. My friend Andrea adopted two wonderful sons and I have very fond memories of the babies that stayed with our family for a few days when I was young as they waited for their new homes to be ready. I also became a little more passionate about adoption myself after teaching school at a summer school program for at risk teens. Watching them parent was very worrisome to me and I know they weren't getting all the support they needed to be successful parents.

The point of this post, however, is to drive traffic to Megan's adoption blog. She's holding a contest, but I'd be happy to post about her site even without the contest. Also, if you know of anyone who is in a situation that they may need to consider adoption, please think about directing them to Megan's site as well. You never know how you may be able to touch someone's life profoundly for good.

No comments: