Saturday, November 28, 2009

Saturday is Sweet

While home for the Thanksgiving holiday, the SIL introduced us to a fantastic recipe from Williams-Sonoma. We had all the traditional parts of the Thanksgiving meal, but added Chocolate Pecan Pie this year. I'm not the biggest fan of regular Pecan Pie, so I wasn't sure about it, but it turned out tasting so good. I highly recommend it. And if you're not afraid of making a pie crust, it's not even that hard to make.

Chocolate-Pecan Pie
9 in pie shell
1 ½ C pecans coarsely chopped
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
¼ C unsalted butter
½ C dark brown sugar
2 extra large eggs
2 t vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350, rollout pastry into 9 in pan. Trim and flute, bake partially and cool completely. Reduce oven to 325sprinkle pecans and Chocolate chips evenly, beat rest and pour over top, bake until firm, about 50 min.

1 comment:

Dan said...

I made something similar last Thanksgiving from Cooks Illustrated. A white and milk chocolate pecan pie. I too, am not the biggest fan of regular pecan pie, but was sold on this. I'll need to try this one.