Sunday, November 15, 2009

Saturday's Recipe

At least this is only one day late. Still, I'm really slacking! I'll try to be better next week.

Yesterday, I did my shopping for the week and got pretty excited about doing some actual meal planning. Nice idea, huh? It's been rainy and cool and looks like we've got at least a full week of rain ahead. That always makes me think that soup would be good, so I made sure I have everything I need for Taco Soup in the pantry. It's super easy to make and takes almost no time at all to get done and taste good. Also, it's one of those recipes that you can use whatever you have around if you don't have the exact things it calls for. Any old canned thing will do (within reason). Also, I think Fritos are the only correct chip to eat with Taco Soup.

Taco Soup

1 pound hamburger
1 onion chopped
1 16-ounce can tomato sauce
1 can whole tomatoes
1 16-ounce can corn (I use ½ cup frozen corn)
1 small can green chilies (I never use this much – put a little in and then taste it)
1 package taco seasoning
1 can small red beans
1 can chili beans
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown hamburger and pour off grease. Add rest of the ingredients and simmer. Garnish with chips, grated cheese, sour cream, and avocado.

No comments: