Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day


I'm really not very political, but today is Memorial Day, so I want to give a shout out to all those great men and women who are in the military and also add my prayers to the many thousands of others for the families of those who have lost loved ones due to the conflicts that they are fighting in. I'm so grateful for the dedication of the folks in the military. Even though I'm not as supportive of some of the decisions that put them in harms way, I pray for them every day and hope they can all come home safe to their families.

I'm grateful for my most favorite vet -- the DH!

1 comment:

LizzyP said...

Thanks for this post, Lucy! It's funny how our move away from one community (where the pendulum swings one way) to another community (where the pendulum swings the other way entirely) has made me think about these days. I, too, am thankful for true patriots on days like Memorial Day. I hope that I can be labeled as such when all is said and done.